College singers and instrumentalists, make your plans now to come and study at one of the most spectacular summer locations on the planet... the Little Traverse Bay area of northwestern Michigan. Bay View is one of the original Chautauqua communities in the country, providing a refreshing, serene place to spend your summer months honing your craft in one of the most collegial, supportive environments to be found anywhere. This, when combined with an incredible festival season with over 50 public events and invigorating programming, means you'll be enveloped in world-class repertoire ranging from classical to pops, and from jazz to opera.
The programs we offer in 2015 include:
- Chamber Music (choose to study for 4 or 8 weeks)
- Bay View Piano Academy (an 8-day experience like no other!)
- SOARS Program (a 2-week Summer Opera Scenes, Art Song, & Recording Seminar) Click here to Apply.
- Opera Mainstage (6 week program featuring a role in La Bohème, stage experience, training, and two performances, all in original language and accompanied by chamber orchestra). Click here.
- 2 week American Negro Spirituals Intensive with Dr. Everett McCorvey culminating in outreach performances and a fully staged production of the musical Ragtime. Click here to apply.
Intrigued? Applications for vocal applications are available here and instrumental applications are available here.
LIVE Auditions for Voice Programs will take place as follows and you can be register online for one at the link here.
Kingwood, TX - Wed. Nov. 5 (Texoma Auditions)
Columbus, OH - Sat. Jan. 17 from 1pm
Bloomington, IN - Fri. Jan. 23 from 2pm
New York City - Sat. Jan. 24 from 10am
Cincinnati, OH - January 30 from 2:30pm
Ann Arbor, MI - January 31 from 2pm
Lexington, KY- January 31 from 3pm
Both vocal and instrumental programs give full consideration to auditions submitted online through our partnership with YAPtracker as well.
Bay View Music Festival is proudly sponsored by: