2017 MAINSTAGE OPERA
A 6-week opportunity to gain role experience in a fully staged production in original language.
Vocal study at the Bay View Music Festival is designed to provide singers the opportunity to immerse themselves in the study of vocal technique, operatic, art song, role preparation, stage presentation, acting technique and skills necessary to building a career in the arts (networking, resumes, taxes, grant writing, etc).
The Mainstage Opera program is our most comprehensive course of study . Upon completion of auditions, 11 singers (most are double cast) will be accepted and cast in Carmen. The program begins June 26 and ends August 7.
Students interested in the 6-week opera mainstage program receive training in our flagship opportunity for those interested in gaining mainstage experience in a fully-staged opera in original language. Fees are all-inclusive, so additional expenses are minimal while at Bay View. Courses may include:
- A role in the mainstage opera prouduction
- Weekly voice lessons
- Coachings with Conductor/Repetiteur as needed
- Thriving in the Arts seminars on real life skills for a career in music
- Performance Practice Class for Singers (Art song literature and performance)
- Classes may include Acting & Feldenkrais, plus workshops in Fight Coaching
- Weekly performance opportunities in recitals
- Outreach recitals in surrounding communities
- Audition workshops
- Resume review, etc. to create the best package possible for auditions
- Students will be cast in ensemble for community musical theatre production featuring other collegiate singers in the principle roles.
- Jazz/cabaret concert opportunities (optional, not obligatory)