Musical Theatre Program
A 6-week opportunity to gain role experience in a fully staged, community-based production with semi-professional actors in leading roles.
This program is offered by Bay View Music Festival is designed to provide singers the opportunity to portray a lead character in one of the world's most beloved musicals, and an important work to have on the resume of a performer able to perform in opera or musical theatre. In addition to the stage experience, participants will be immersed in the study of vocal technique, role preparation, acting technique and the skills necessary to building a career in the arts (networking, resumes, taxes, grant writing, etc).
The Mainstage Musical Theatre program is a unique, intense opportunity to work with other young professionals as well as talented supporting roles from the region. Upon completion of auditions, roles will be cast when offers are made. The program begin with arrivals on June 9 and departures on July 15.
Students interested in the 6-week mainstage musical theatre program receive training in a special opportunity for those interested in gaining mainstage experience. Fees are all-inclusive, so additional expenses are minimal while at Bay View. Courses may include:
- A role in the mainstage musical production
- Weekly voice lessons
- Coachings with Conductor/Repetiteur as needed
- Thriving in the Arts seminars on real life skills for a career in music
- Performance Practice Class for Singers (Art song literature and performance)
- Classes may include Acting & Feldenkrais, plus workshops in stage combat (as needed)
- Weekly performance opportunities in recitals
- Outreach recitals in surrounding communities
- Audition workshops
- Resume review, etc. to create the best package possible for auditions
- Participation in the ensemble for the opera mainstage production in August, plus a nice relaxed schedule to enjoy the area after the musical is over.
- Jazz/cabaret concert opportunities (optional, not obligatory)